Light Towers with a Difference
DMI Light Towers were produced for a very specific purpose—to honor your requirement for non-stop illumination in the most hostile and rugged terrain. Our products are unique on three fronts:
- Design: This is the fundamental differentiator between our light tower and products of other competing name brands on the market. DMI began fabricating portable light towers in response to the demand for a light tower with a mast capable of telescoping to higher levels and a trailer capable of supporting the mast for the light tower and the generator.
- Manufacturing: DMI’s expertise in custom steel fabrication gives us a definitive edge. We start with ¼ inch steel plate and cut and weld the trailer, fabricate the mast and install the generator and add any custom features a customer may require for any given application.
- Performance: DMI’s portable light towers feature 16 1500-watt metal halide lights that collectively produce 2.5 million lumens of light. It features a mast that telescopes 55 feet (16.76 meters) with a supporting trailer which has a total erected footprint that is 28 feet long and 23 feet wide.
The Story Behind DMI Portable Light Towers
DMI, a leader in the welding and fabrication business, ventured into the fabrication of portable light towers in 2010 owing to a growing industry demand for products that were more rugged than ever before. We used our vast experience in welding and fabricating steel and pipe spools for the oil and gas industry since 1961 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana to our advantage. With this was born the concept of a 16-light tower that we began fabricating in our facility in January 2011.
DMI successfully accomplished the challenge to build a heavy duty light tower and trailer, and today we have carved a niche as a leading manufacturer serving the needs of enterprises across continental US and Canada.
Need more information? Please get in touch with our Customer Representatives through the Contact Us page.
- DMI 16-Light Light Tower Used in Petro Chemical Facility Following Fire.
- Use of the DMI Light Tower Expands in the Northwest Territory.
- Rental Market Expanded to Eagle Ford Market in Southwest Texas.
- DMI Light Towers Receives Hubzone Certification from U.S. Small Business Administration.